The John Collins Fellow Medal and Travel Grant
BCT established the John Collins Fellow Medal & Travel Grant to encourage potential academic breast surgeons to become involved in clinical trials research. The objective of the award is to provide an early career surgeon or Fellow/registrar, with an interest in clinical research, the opportunity to:
- Travel to the BCT Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM).
- Learn about current breast cancer clinical trials.
- Participate in discussions and plans for future Australian and International studies.
- Network with experienced breast cancer clinicians and trialists.
The Fellowship is offered annually and if awarded, presented at the ASM. The award will be made at the discretion of the Board.
This award is open to Australian and New Zealand Surgical Trainees or recent Fellows, who wish to enhance their knowledge of clinical research, in particular breast cancer clinical trials research.
The Award will cover the cost of attending the BCT ASM including return economy class airfares, accommodation for the duration of the ASM and full registration. All travel and registration for the successful applicant will be organised through the ASM Secretariat.
The John Collins Fellow Medal and Travel Grant recipient is expected to be available and participate in all ASM activities.
Selection of the award recipient will be made based upon the abilities and experience of the candidate and the potential benefits to the individual and/or other surgeons from attending the ASM. This will be evaluated from the candidate’s application and supporting references.
- A nomination form must be completed online and submitted. Nominated referees must be Full Members of BCT.
- Applications are considered by the BCT Awards Committee and awarded at the discretion of the BCT Board of Directors.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their nomination.